Question
Posted by: Karli | 2006/10/24

Steriod injections

I am 25 weeks pregnant with twins.
My gynae has recommended steriod injs starting at 27 weeks for lung maturing..are there any side effects?I have to be in hospital overnight.

Expert ImageArchive

Hallo Karli
No, it is safe with no side-effects. The overnight is probably to make sure the babies are OK, since twins sometimes like to arrive a bit early.
Welma

2
Posted by: sinead | 2007/01/22

hi my name is sinead i am now 22weeks pregnant with my second child and must have steriod injections. i just want to kmow are these safe?

Reply to sinead
Posted by: Spooky | 2006/11/07

HI Karli. don't worry. the docters know what they are doing, I had my little girl at 34 weeks, she had an ovarian cyst wich grew at 2mm p. day so we had no choice but to do a c - section (wich I hated) and the to operate on her. The important thing was that she was safe, and healthy. I were in hospital with high blood pressure for two weeks before she arrived, so I got my injections wich I belived helped her lungs to develop faster and because of that, she was onlyin icu for a week. enjoy your twins!

Reply to Spooky