Posted by: LIEZ | 2008/08/13


hi there
i' ve been sterilized for 3 years now. i want to know if i can reverse it and will it be costly. also will i be able to fall pregnant after reversing it?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

If you had the steriulisation straight after giving birth, your tubes would have been cut and tied. the success rate of reversal in this situation is very low. IVF would be an option, but medical aids do not pay for this. If you want to pursue this, contact one of the fertility clinics.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Angel | 2008/08/14

Hi there

Can u also advise me where to phone have u got some numbers that I can call, cause I dont know if they tied my tubes or if it was cut cause I gave birth in a public hospital at that time, but now I have medical aid. The money is not the problem I just want the sterilisation to be reverse. Which hospital can I call here in Cape Town.

Reply to Angel
Posted by: Anon | 2008/08/14

Ive also asked the question, but it is very expensive,your looking in the 20- 30 (or more)thousands region here(phoned a couple of clinics specialising in it) . They also said if your tubes was tied, it can be reversed via surgery,but if it was cut,the success rate of falling pregnant is very litte.

Reply to Anon

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.