Question
Posted by: SANDY | 2008/05/29

STERILIZATION WITH BALLOON

I'M 31 YEARS OLD AND HAVE NO CHILDREN. BUT HAVE ENDEOMETREOSIS AND CYSTS. I HAVE ALREADY LOST ONE OF MY OVARIES. HAVE TRIED THE MIRENA TWICE, HORMONAL THERAPY AND THE PILL. NOW MY PROBLEMS STARTED AGAIN. MY GYNAE SUGGESTED A PROCEDURE.
STERILIZATION WITH A BALLOON. I WANT TO KNOW MORE
OF THIS PROCEDURE AND THE CONS. IS IT A SMALL PROCEDURE? WILL I MENSTRATE?

If the problem is heavy periods, the womb lining can be burnt away. This is not a 100% guarantee that you will not fall pregnant though. You should have much lighter periods afterwards. SOme women do not have any periods.

1
Posted by: Karen | 2008/11/03

I am 40 and have no children and am not planning any.
I would like to know what other 100% safe option is there for birth control?.
I am on Yasmin and do not have any problems except for bad headache before period and my neck is starting to get bad brown / marks from the sun and i think from the pill. Although i do wear sunblock everyday.
It would be wonderful if my periods could go away for ever, as i cycle / do spinning.
I do not want to take any hormone tabs.
And i had rheumatic fever and have high cholestrol so Depo injection is out.
Marina?
Sterilization?

Reply to Karen