Question
Posted by: maggi | 2008/01/25

sterilization reversal

I have had my tubes cut six years ago. Does anyone have advice on whom to see and what the average cost will be to have them reconnected? Please help asap. The clock is ticking for me.

Dear Maggi

Please contact the Bioart Fertility Clinics who details as to costs and possible success rates. Please note that the success of reversal will depend to a large extent on what type of sterilization was done and also what length of tube remains on either side. Therefore as part of the surgery for reversal a laparoscopy may be indicated just prior to or at the time of embarking on the definitive surgical procedure so as to establish to possibilities of success. If the chance of successful reversal is considered to be less than that of IVF then it would be more advisable to embark on the IVF route.

6
Posted by: JO | 2009/01/09

I was sterilized in April last year. Is it possible of getting pregnant again.I missed my period?

Reply to JO
Posted by: debi | 2008/03/26

which is cheaper IVF or reversal of sterilization. I am divorced and met an awesome guy and want to give him a baby of his own. Some advice would be great.

Reply to debi
Posted by: belinda | 2008/03/02

was sterilized about 10 years ago and got divorced about three years later, i`m married again and my husband and i would like to have a baby what is my chances to reverse the sterilization I han 3 cezerian sections and the sterilization, the sterilization i had twice because i was already pregnant with my 3 rd child ,neither me or the doctor knew about this. When my son was born they made sure that the sterilization was still ok. I badly want another baby but do not know what to do,

Thank You
Belinda

Reply to belinda
Posted by: Hope | 2008/01/28

Hi, I went in Novemeber last year & the total cost was R33.000, I'm know activly trying too, I'm days away from my 39th birthday. Good luck, it's the best option, I tried IVF in September 007 at a cost of R29000 and it failed.

I had my reversal done at Parklane Clinic.

Reply to Hope
Posted by: maggi | 2008/01/25

thanks for responding. I am getting very desparate. Olivedale wants about R30 000 deposit, and then anaethetist and gynae charges on top of that!! At the end of the day it will probably be about R40 000!! I will let you know if I find someone good. After paying for this op, there will be nothing left to support Baby!

Reply to maggi
Posted by: Anon6 | 2008/01/25

I want to go as well. They do it at the femina clinic in Pretoria. Don't know the cost. Garden clinic in Empangeni. And alot of the private clinics in Durban. Actually every where. Empangeni Garden Clinic Quoted me R18000 for everything. Good Luck.

Reply to Anon6