Posted by: Andre | 2008/09/08

Hi, I would like to know if everything will be ok after a sterilization? I would like to go for the opp but am scared that I might not perform as usual. I do not want my wife to know that I will be doing or has done the opp. We are in our late 30' s and have a beautifull son (14) and a beautiful daughter(12). We do not want another child. She has stopped using the pill as she is turning 35 soon and also smokes. The doctor told her to either stop the pill or stop smoking otherwise she will have problems later. So, she stopped using the pill.
Will I still cum after the opp, will I still have the hard erection I currently have? What else will change? Is it a difficult opp and is there a lot of pain involved? The reason I ask is, I do not want her to know about the opp. I want to keep going like normal after the opp.

Andre, I assume you are referring to vasectomy, where the tubes from the testes will be tied off...?
Sexual performance is not negatively impacted by such a procedure, it is a minor operation requiring local anaesthetic only, and other than mild discomfort and bruising, you should be able to be up and about immediately thereafter.

I'm a little unsure why you wouldn't want you wife to know, I think that secrets in relationship can be harmful and may cause unnecssary difficulty. Surely she will know something has changed when eventually you stop wearing condoms? However, it is your body and you have every right to proceed without her consent.

You will still ejaculate after sterilization, just your ejaculate will not contain semen (the sperm). YOU MUST, HOWEVER, USE CONTRACEPTIVES FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS or until you get the 'all clear' from a doctor after several months that your semen contains no sperm.

Posted by: :-) | 2008/09/08

Why don' t you want her to know?

Reply to :-)