Question
Posted by: CS | 2007/11/28

Sterilization.

Hi Dear Cs

I’ve got an appointment for Ne at the gynae that will handle the sterilization. How on earth am I going to handle this, with this child? It has to be done before the 1st period and it could happen anytime from March....So I cannot postphone it anymore.

I’ve always taught her that NO ONE not even me touches or looks there and that she must even wash there herself…..

How do I now teach her or tell her “let the man touch you” or “look at you”…..

I can’t imagine how…he will have to look because there is something I feel that is not right and needs looking at apart from the opp.

When I took her to the pediatric neurologist already she was shy and tried to stop him when he felt her spine ect.

Now, Sigmund Freud would have considered it HIGHLY significant that you signed off with MY nick and not yours. But I will make no comment !
I understand that with a child with Ne's special limitations, you need to keep the instructions about not allowing anyone else to see or touch her "there" fairly simple, but I think one should make the rule ( and in this case clearly amend the rule and explain it carefully ) "EXCEPT for a doctor" ! There are too many situations in which she may, throughout life, need medical attention, and should not find that frightening or bothersome.

2
Posted by: Maria | 2007/11/28

Hi CP MOM

I had to take my five year old to the gynae recently, and it's really difficult. It was a rather traumatic visit for both of us, because not only was he a man touching her privates, he actually hurt her a bit. Because he thought he might to do a more comprehensive checkup he suggested that we do it under general anaesthetic. Luckily this wasn't necessary in the end, but it is an option.

You wrote a while ago that she was very upset and emotional, is it going better now?

Reply to Maria
Posted by: CP MOM | 2007/11/28

Sorry IT'S CP MOM, dont know why i called myself CS - going mad!

Reply to CP MOM