Question
Posted by: Zelna | 2007/06/21

Sterilization

I am 35 years of age with 2 beautiful children. I have been using contraception since 18 years of age. At the moment i am using Yasmin, but keep on forgetting to drink it, and it makes my love life terrible as I have no more sex drive. Both times after my childrens birth before 6 weeks, I lost weight and I had my sexual drive. But everytime I go back on the pill I can't lose any weight and I loose sexual interest. I want to know if sterilization is a difficult operation and how soon will I be up and about. (My children are 3 and 1 years) And would this then be a suitable option for me. I have no medical problems, and have a good medical scheme.

This is certainly a suitable option for you. Sterilisation is quite a straight forward operation and you should be back to normal within a week.