Question
Posted by: Thabiso | 2006/11/07

Sterility and having a baby

Hello Doc,

Pls help here. If a woman sterilises and later decide to have a baby, is it possible to that? My black sister has been having womb problems and med. doctors couldnt see what was wrong so she went to a traditional healer who told her something like blood is clotting up, and having a baby within the next year from now seems to be the only cure, and things like those. Does this make any biological sense? I will really appreciate your help. Regards.

The success rate after reversal of sterilsation is only 5-30%, depending on the method used.
No, I'm afraid it does not make biological sense.