Posted by: Gracie | 2008/06/12

My gynae did blood tests etc. and advised me that my female hormones are abnormally low. Will have to have hormone supplement/replacement - he suggested that I have either sterilisation or have IUD - not happy with that idea - had "loop" before and bled heavily for weeks! What are side effects of sterilisation, if any?? I would rather go for sterilisation - any input please??

There are not a lot of side effects, It is permanent and there is a failure rate. He should counsel you before the procedure.

Posted by: murtle | 2008/06/12

I had a sterilisation 14 years ago and I had no side effects until recently. I am now 42 yrs old and I have just had a hysterecomy. Due to my periods being haywire. But up until now I had no side effects from the sterilisation.

Reply to murtle