Question
Posted by: Elmarie | 2008/01/03

Sterilisation

I would like to know. I'm 25, pregnant with my second baby and would like to know, how old must I be before I can have like a sterilisation or hysterectomy? Do you think it is posible to ask my gynae to do it with the operation. Is there any negative things why I should rather do it when I'm older?

It is recommended that sterilisatyions be done only if you are over 30 years. There is a high incidence of regret and changing one's mind if done too young. Remember that it is very difficult to reverse if you do want to have children later for whatever reason.