Question
Posted by: KIKI | 2007/05/02

STERILISATION

Is it possible that sterilisation can cause weight gain? I am 37 and had myself sterilised after my second baby (2 years ago). I immediately lost all the weight that I picked up with the baby (16kg) but since about 2 months after the birth, I have been picking up weight steadily for no apparent reason (I eat healthily and exercise regularly). I am still not overweight, but I am definitely heading for it. (I picked up 6 kg in the 2 years). Or is it just a sign of old age?

Sterilisation does not cause weight gain, but age certainly can make it more difficult to lose weight.