Question
Posted by: Suzette | 2005/12/13

Stepson is killing me

My stepson has failed Gr 11 and Gr 9 (this grade failure was to force his dad to purchase a motorbike which he did of course) Gr 11 was the promise of a brand new motor vehicle. Now he has failed and our/my life is one living hell - the home situation (nr 1) and the death of his brother (nr 2) is the reason for failure - he attempted "damage control" and scratched / sawed / chewed / cut his one wrist (not both) in a suicide attempt.
What THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME!!! forgive the language. Daddy condones all this chaps actions - daddies med/doc for 20 years has attempted to point out this manipulation to no avail his breath was still warm when daddy started to blame all : Oh please if no-one has any advise please start praying for me

There's nothing wrong with you at all. You're describing an obnoxious, irresponsible, self-pitying kid who has learned how to manipulate his father who is foolish enough to give in to him. Only an idiot bribes a kid to do his parents the favour of scraping a pass at school. And of course the kid blames everyone and evrything else for his failures, except the only factor responsible for his failures --- himself. Obviously he needs treatment but its high;y unlikely that he or his deluded dad would accept that or give it a fair chance to succeed