Question
Posted by: pOP | 2005/06/28

STEPKIDS

Is is not just better to sometimes let them run wild and give them what they want, as the father has always done and they at least like you than to always be the b#tch teaching them manners and dicipline?

The father is in his own words to soft and he doesnt see them often enough to be fighting and moaning.

Im tired of fighting with them, sending them to their room. I've done the stars story and it works until one child is ahead then the other one thinks im losing in anycase this week so i might as well misbehave.

He tells me to relax.

They don't really like you if you do that, and won't respect you, either. Kids dont regard a person who teaches tem boundaries and discipline and manners to be a bitch. They need to know there are boundaries. They don't appreciate arbitrary punishments or shouting matches, of course. If you checked out the methods I described, the star system should NEVER be used so that the two kids compete, or "lose" --- each competes only with himself, so both can win, or both can lose.

1
Posted by: VM | 2005/06/28

Maybe you are a bit highly strung with them. Kids can pick up on that, they probably use it as a way to get to you.

Reply to VM