Question
Posted by: Allycat | 2007/12/28

steam room

Hi there, I love to go to the steam room after a good workout in the gym, but I am not too sure how many min is good for me in one session? and how many times per week is fine? and last question, is it really good for me and my skin? I do appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Allycat, thank you for the question and sorry for the delay with your answer. I hope you have had a great Christmas and New Year, and I wish everyone all the best for 2008.

Steam baths have the following benefits:
Easing stress
Relieving muscle tensions and stiff joints
Boosting the immune system
Lymph detoxification
Stimulating circulation
Increasing body metabolism
Alleviating sinus congestion due to colds, asthma, or allergies, and
Keeping skin youthful.

The benefits listed above are usually noticed within 10 minutes of entering a steam room, and I cannot find any evidence that you should limit your sessions (obviously within reason).

2
Posted by: SmallPaul | 2008/02/03

Hi, steam rooms are like a new fad to me and I came across this article searching for more information on it. I'm not sure how this works and if I have to post medical/health queries somewhere else but either way I've read that steam rooms are also highly beneficial in removing toxins like nicotine from the body(apparently up to 30 percent of built up toxins in one session). If this is so can steam rooms also remove nicotine and tar from one's lungs? Also I'm a paranoid schizophrenic and have trouble with motivation, can this detoxification help with my illness?

Reply to SmallPaul
Posted by: Allycat | 2008/01/03

Thank you so much for the help. All the best to you, and a wonderful 2008.

Reply to Allycat