Question
Posted by: ANON | 2006/07/17

STEAM ROOM

HI THERE

I HAVE STARTED GOING TO GYM A MONTH AGO, I USE THE STEAM ROOM ONCE A WEEK , I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SHOULD I USE IT MORE OFTERN AND CAN YOU LOOSE WEIGHT BY USING IT ?

THANK YOU .
ANON

Hi Anon

You dont lose any real weight using it. I say 'real' because obviously, you sweat when you use it and this causes you to lose weight, but the moment you eat and drink, even water, this comes back and so it does not count towards real weight loss. The steam room is good for many people who find it relaxing and soothing after training, and there are some reports that it helps improve circulation, but I am not aware of a definite answer in that regard. So by all means continue using it, but just make sure you drink OK after - if you are thirsty, drink - and dont overdo it in an attempt to lose more weight.