Question
Posted by: cindy | 2008/06/06

stealing

A friend of mine stole something but was caught as we left the shop, the censors went off...she has alot of money so she clearly has issues.....now i constantly find myself feeling anxious to walk through the censors at the malls, so i walk around constantly wondering if i didnt take anything....do i need councelling?

I'm guesing it was the sensors that went off, unless censorship is getting stricter han I realized ! :} As you say the friend may well have "issues" and needs to see a psychologist to deal with them. But maybe you need a few sessions of counselling to desensitize yourself to an excessive response to this. You're not a dishonest person, and apart from the fact that some people genuinely overlook or forget something in their trolley, and some just tend to feel awkward and guilty when seeing security guards or policemen, you sound unlikely to actually shoplift or to be stopped or otherwise troubled, except in the way you have begun feeling hypersensitive about this, See a sherink soon, before this becomes an uncomfortable habit