Question
Posted by: S | 2004/11/12

STD Tests??

I'm 16 and my boyf and I have been sleeping together for 7months. This is our first sexual relationship with anyone. We thought that after a year of sex, we should go to a GUM clinic to be checked for any STDS becasue though I trust hus faithfulness, diseases can be picked up through toilet seats etc and he did kiss another girl a while ago, which can sometimes result in herpes. We are also both regular blood donors and diseases have been known to spread occasionally in this way. i don't feel like any tests will be positive, I just want to do the right thing and be responsible for myself and for him.

Toilets seats??? Only if you don't wait for the other person the get off the toilet seat and sit down on them - which then of course can lead to sex, and then you can get a STI from a toilet seat.

Blood donors?? When you donate it is a closed sealed, sterile system - so infection as a blood donor is impossible. Do you think for one minute people will donate blood if their was a risk involved - donating blood is a very noble thing to do. However, receiving a blood tranfusion can be risky, depending where in the world you are, and how well the blood transfusion service screens the blood for HIV and other STI's.

issing, well your mouth is so dirty, that it usually kills anything in site that dares to enter. But yes, you can get herpes, and millions of people have, but it only gets passed on when the lesion is active. So you will see his BIG fever blister sitting there on his lip, and then don't kiss him, or allow him to go down on you.

I would suggest you test for Syphillis, Chlamydia and HIV as those are "silent" STI's without symptoms.