Question
Posted by: Scaredashell | 2006/11/04

Std Scare

Dear Dr

On the 24th of September I was having safe sex with my girlfriend and the condom broke soon as I hear it broke I rushed both of us to the emergency ward where the Emergency dr both did an elisa I & II test on us yes I know about the 3 to 12 month window period.Both tests were negative. After 19 days I went for a full std profile tests through lancet which is pcr dna test and all where negative I then went subsequently 14 days laters on monday all the results are negative I am really stressed out should I be?, Thanks

Dear Scaredashell
It seems to be fine so far - just follow up with your 3 month test as well and keep your eyes open for any rashes, ulcers or other symptoms. If any appear just go to your GP for treatment immediately.