Question
Posted by: Danny | 2005/07/18

STD and Chlamydia

Hi Doc,

How easy is it to contract Chlamydia, Syphylis or Ghonorhea?
Do you have to have penetrative sex, or can you contract it just from touching.
If a woman touched me with her hands only, on my penis and and fingered my anus a bit, and we kissed. Can that cause me to contract any of the above.
I did not touch her vagina at all, only on top of her underwear.

Do men generally have symptoms for the above diseases, or do you mostly end up with no symptoms? If so, which symptoms are definitive if any?

I have not experienced any symptoms like Burning when urinating or discharge?

Do I need to get tested or not?

Would appreciate your answer.

thanks
Danny

Danny, it all depends on what she touched before she touched you, but your chance of having caught something is small.
Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea will cause a discharge from the penis and Syphilis will cause sores on the penis.
You can have yourself tested as soon as you experience any symptoms (including the above mentioned).
Good luck.