Question
Posted by: Jolla | 2008/07/15

Stay to make the boss happy

About 4 weeks ago, I sent my CV to a well known company starting salary R18 000 a month + perks. My current salary is R12 500. Well this month we got our increases and to my surprise i got a R3000 increase. I have just got a call asking me to come for an interview.

I am having mixed feelings now. At my current employer, I have a variety of job titles and i feel that i am going out of my head, because of all the work load, I am also sick and tired of being shunted around because everybody needs everything now. I feel there is no room for me to grow as there is no such a thing for females in the company.

I would like one job title so that i can be more focused, but i am worried if i will fit in and what if they ask me to leave. I am not sure what to do. Even though I am comfortable at my current position and my boss has been good to me, I am not sure if i want to stay or go. I mean does the salary justify any reasons for staying or leaving. Please advise.

I'm sure other readers with more office politics experience, will be able to advizse you usefully

3
Posted by: kay | 2008/07/15

make a decision when you have the other job and have signed your employment contract with them. bottom line, in todays times, money talks and with everyone battling and not having enough to make ends meet who could not do with extra money - just check what you clear now and if you get the other job check what you will clear then because although you will earn more sometimes you dont clear that much more only like R500 so then what would be the point of moving. in the same breathe - you sound flustered and frustrated in your current position so move - noone is loyal to anyone at anytime

Reply to kay
Posted by: Tanilani | 2008/07/15

I would suggest you go for the interview and see what this job has got to offer. Then, when they make you an offer, you make the decision between staying or going. This way you will be better informed to make a proper choice. Good luck!

Reply to Tanilani
Posted by: Chick | 2008/07/15

Well from reading your post I can see you already know the answer to your question.

Do what will make you happy - sometimes a change is all we need.

Reply to Chick