Question
Posted by: makhoa | 2007/05/06

statistics of non training people in SA

My you please help me with the statistics of people traing in the gyms and those that do not train at all in south africa. May you please include all the statistics that may help me in choosing the right choice of whether or not i should train and which gym i should choose in south africa should i feel i should train. My BMI is 27.

Hi Makhoa

I'm not sure what exactly you want here. It sounds as though you are after stats that will help you decide whether to train. The problem is that even if I told you that 100 000 people were NOT training, would you then decide NOT to train? One might ask that if you knew that everyone was jumping of a high building, would you do it too?

So I'm not really sure what statistics will help you make up your mind - this is not a question of stats, but of facts. In otherwords, the facts are the people who exercise are healthier and experience a higher quality of life than people who don't exercise. And that's basically all one needs to know. So my bias is that you should exercise, that's not even a question. Where you choose to train depends on where you are and what you have access to. And obviously what you can afford - maybe the big gym is not the one for you? But that's a separate decision that I can help with if you are a little more specific.