Question
Posted by: Berni | 2008/05/22

State of mind

Hi CS hope you enjoying u'r evening, i have a Problem i am getting a type of panic attack that lasts really long-week? And normally puts me in hospital i get suicidal the works its happening again can you help? What's this called? Why does it happen?

Sounds rather curious, Berni, as panic attacks as such don't last so long --- they tend to be a rapid cresccendo of anxiety and panic, fading within minutes, SO this is probably something else. Prolonged severe anxiety symptoms can be part of a severe anxiety state, can even be caused by some uncommon physical conditions. YOu'll need to ask the doctor who is treating you to explain what diagnosis he has made, as he has the obvious advantage of having met and examined and assessed you directly. The suicidal aspect of the picture sounds more like Depression, of course.
Out of interest, do let me know what he says