Question
Posted by: reyanah | 2004/10/16

starting contraception

Hi there. I intend starting using Nordette as a contraceptive. Can u please advise as to where i start- with the red pills or at the yellow pill indicated on the first day of my period?

Thanx..

Expert ImagePharmacist

During the first cycle of administration, it is instructed to take one yellow tablet daily for 21 consecutive days beginning on Day 1 of your menstrual cycle, i.e. the first day of bleeding.
One red inert tablet is taken daily for the next 7 consecutive days.
Withdrawal bleeding should usually occur 2 to 4 days after the last yellow tablet is taken. During this first cycle, a mechanical, i.e. barrier, method of contraception should be supplemented until 14 tablets have been taken