Question
Posted by: Gina | 2007/11/30

starting a family

I've just turned 30 and my husband and I are thinking about starting a family. I have stopped smoking and drinking and am trying to get healthy. My concern is I started smoking very young (around 15yrs old) and have been quite a heavy smoker and drinker since around 20yrs, I have also done my fair share of recreational drugs. I would say I have definately lived (so far) a life of excess and addiction. I have given up my younger ways and am the healthiest i have ever been, but is it a little too late? If I did fall pregnant would my baby be affected by my past excesses?

Dear Gina

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I confirm that your past habits will not have any affect on the baby, should you fall pregnant.

Kind regards