Question
Posted by: Derick | 2004/11/07

Staphylococcus Septicemia???

My mother-inlaw has been diagnosed with the above, aswell as cancer. Is it possible that the septicemia COULD pose as cancer? She is very ill and has water filling her lungs. The staph. infection was found in the cavity between the lungs and all the liquid that is draining off seems to be malignant. Could this not be damaging of the cells from the septiemia?

Expert ImageArchive

No, I do believe that as a result of the underlying cancer, her resistance is low and she is now more prone to a number of infections. It is easy to differentiate a malignant fluid from an infective process.