Question
Posted by: TTM | 2006/04/03

Stand point on Huisgenoot/You article

Brad, Thomas and all!

Ok, maybe I am missing the point. But who are we to judge. Those words came out of the mouth of a father who lost his child...the father is bitter and homophobia..you are judging media24 now for just quoting the father.

Yes the media will use any ways to sell their magazines and they probably did. We (gays and lesbians) were probably the first to each buy the magazine to read the article.

I don't think it will help taking on Media24 now for discrimination. They only reported on how the father felt and what the father said. I wonder if we would feel better if they have an interview with the two lesbians who killed the boy and hear their side of the story? Yes the media sometimes does not report on matters dear to our heart like the killing of the lesbian girl. It is still their choice if they want to report on it and if they dont, still our choice to see that the public knows about it in any form of articles in a magazine, internet whatever.

I know guys, maybe I am missing the point here but if you want to attack someone, attack the person who was predijuce in the first place, a bitter father in grieve!!!!!!!!

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi TTM and thanks for the post. I have already stated my personal views on the subject.

2
Posted by: CP MOM | 2006/04/06

I just cannot get over it....i watched Carte Blanche and then read it in the YOU mag.

How can a woman of THAT size hit a boy like that. How do you break his pelvis and arms etc. he was so badly hit that his brains were comming out, if he survived he'd be brain damaged.

How does a mother stand by and watch this happen?

If they did not want the kid why not give it to the father. And after all the father did and proved how COULD they give the child back to these two women?

They covered up his wounds with base so the father should not see and only after they swam did the father see. The childs cheek had a knife or some mark on it that he was hit with.

HOW do you vent your anger for whatever like that on any child ?
What's wrong with her? or it?!

I feel like I want to do something, like I need to do something but what ?

Emotionally i am not strong enough to go and help abused children etc...i'd crack. How the father kept himself from KILLING them I have no idea....it's the most horrible thing i've ever read.

This child (as the pathologist said) died the worst death and he had emmence pain. He was never treated for any of the parts on him that was broken. How do you have a child with a pelvis that's broken and you dont have him taken care of by a medical person?

EK KAN DIT NIE VERSTAAN NIE!

Its giving my nightmares.....

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Nikki | 2006/04/03

TTM I hear what you are saying but as things stand in this wonderful (and VIOLENT) society we live in, the FOCUS of this horrible article is on the GAY COMMUNITY and NOT on the poor little boy!!!

THe "poor" father in my opinion SHOULD have done more then WAIT until AFTER disaster struck and NOW shoot his mouth off. It is all in hindsite now and the FACT is the media are ridiculing the GAY community if you read "between the lines"

Yes the media have freedom to publish what they KNOW will sell their magazines BUT they need to do so RESPONSIBLY and I think in this instance they DID NOT and WE should point that out to them because there will be a NEXT time.

The freedom of speech is a wonderful thing BUT we need to use that with some sense of RESPONSIBILTY surely????

I have posted direct email addresses on POST 320, please guys join me in emailling these magazines and make them ACCOUNTABLE.

Reply to Nikki