Question
Posted by: Embarassed | 2004/11/16

Stained armpits

Please help! I am fair skinned, yet my under-arms have dark stains. Im not sure whether it could have been deodrant that has caused this – I used to use deo when I was younger, but for the past few years I only use dove roll-on. What can I use to treat this as Im very self-conscious esp now that its summer. Could the fact that Im asthmatic have any thing to do with it?

Embarassed, it might be due to a superficial fungal infection, contact dermatitis or chronic irritation of some sorts. You can try using an anti-fungal cream like Lamisil® for a week or so, but if it doesn’t clear up the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.