Question
Posted by: Tuppy | 2005/11/28

Stage 2 TCC of renal pelvis

In June last year I was diagnosed with Transitional Cell Carcinoma of the Renal Pelvis stage 2. I had a radical nephrectomy in July. Since then I have been regularly been followed up every three months. I still have blood in my urine and my urea & creatinine are up, my ankles are swollen and I am very worried that it has spread. I can't understand why I still have blood in my urine so long after my op, surely this should have cleared after the operation or at least a month or two later. I have not had any chemotherapy or even been referred to an oncologist and can't understand why. I saw my Dr on Thursday and now have to go for a bladder biopsy. What are the chances of it having spread to my bladder?

Tuppy, I can’t answer your questions because I don’t have all the information at hand. The bleeding might be due to the surgical wound not healing properly, infection or something more sinister. I suppose the chance of it having spread to the bladder is small, but it is possible. The best would be to wait for Thursday and if you don’t trust your specialist, to see a different urologist. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Tuppy | 2005/11/30

Thank you for your reply. I do trust my urologist but I forgot to ask him when I saw him, so wondered whether you could perhaps give me some explaination although I know its not really your field. Thank you again, I appreciate the fact that you have confirmed what I also thought. Will let you know what happens.

Reply to Tuppy