Question
Posted by: Arbizu | 2004/01/02

Stabilizing the shoulders

Hi Conrad

Could you please prescribe some exercises for stablizing the shoulder (ie the scapula). I am currently doing some exercises with a Theratube to strenthen my rotator cuff and would like to know which exercises (in the gym) would help me stabilze the scapula and free my inpingement syndrome.

Last question: Would I be able to see whether I have inpingement by doing a soft-tissue scan or not? What would the doctor be able to tell from doing a soft-tissue scan?

Thanx for the help

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Arbizu,

You will need to do free weight exercises with light dumbbells and with cables-the same kinds of exercises you have been doing with the theratube. Also you can do bent-over lateral raises and even dumbbell/barbell presses.

As for the impingement I would advise visiting a Biokineticist and asking them to do a test for impingement syndrome. Also, it may be better for you to see a Biokineticist to give you further exercises for your shoulders/rotator cuffs as well.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist