Question
Posted by: me | 2006/11/08

Stabbing pain lower left side

Hi Dr C

I've had some pain in my lower left side for a while now which makes my leg feel funny, i went to the gynae who put me on yasmin contraceptives to shrink it and said after 3month if it still gives hassels to go back to him coz they may have to operate..
i am going through the process of getting onto a medical aid, the pain i'm having feels as though the cyst is going to burst...is there any medication or way of preventing it for a little while longer just so i could get onto my medical aid first? or is it dangerous to leave it?!?

Many thanks
me

There is nothing you can do to stop a cyst bursting other than what you are already doing. The fact that it is painful does not mean that it is about to burst though.