Question
Posted by: $iren | 2004/11/18

SSRI's and Valium

Hi CS
I seem to remember that there is a reason they shouldn't be taken together, but am not sure if that is correct. Please could you confirm.
Have a great day

I don;t think there's a specific problem about combining SSRI's and Valium. One needs to be cautious about overdoing valium and its relatives, in so far as with long-term use it can produce a dependency and become harder to stop it.
Further, all the Valium / Zanor family are sedatives and potentially depressing drugs, so although they can help one feel a bit more relaxed ( like a stiff drink might ) they are not a great idea to remain on during a significant Depression.
Xanax/ Zanor / chemical name Alprazolam, is another of the benzo family to which Valium belongs, so the same issues apply.

2
Posted by: was with one | 2004/11/18

I was with someone that took both SSRI's (Zolof) and valuim.She was unplayable, mood swings like you cannto believe.No sex drive atall, always tired too, she never ate anything, was very thin, very lazy and tired all the time.becAREFUL, there are many bad effects from taking these tabs on a regular basis, she was hooked, and even hid the zolof in the back flap of her rear seat in her car. She lied about most things, especially about her problems, she thought that the church was the answer to all. Dont get hooked , rather try counselling, be very, very careful!!!!! She was like a Zombi, had no friends, made no conversation, very dull

Reply to was with one
Posted by: $iren | 2004/11/18

Hi again
Sorry I also need to know about SSRI's and Xanax, known as Zanor and Alprazolam in South Africa

Reply to $iren