Question
Posted by: Fitness-Freak | 2003/03/12

Squash, what are the stats?

I follow a fitness regime involving running, swimming, and cycling; but I would like to substitute one or two activities a week with a session of squash. What relation does squash have to any of those three activities, ie. What amount of squash would I have to play (generally) to match a certain amount of running, swimming or cycling. You can talk in calories, mets or anything you wish. I just want to personalize my training without losing it's effectiveness. Thanks.

I would think that you could equate running and squash in terms of energy expenditure. Of course it depends on how energetic you are on the court and obviously, it requires a different type of fitness in a way, since it is more stop-start activity, but on average, in a given time period - energy expenditure might be similar.

I hope this helps.

1
Posted by: paddy | 2003/04/02

I have just started going to gym. To build up stamina I do 20min running, and also will this help me loos weight. This has been my first week and from next week i will start with V-boll.

Reply to paddy