Question
Posted by: Mom | 2008/01/09

Sproete

Hi dok, sorry vir die afrikaans. My dogter is 19jaar oud het n baie ligte vel. Sy kom bittermin in die son, en gedurende die vakansie was sy by die see en heeldag in die son. (Sy het sonbrand room gebruik, veral op haar gesig) Haar vel is nou mooi bruin maar, gister aand sien ek vir die eerste keer dat haar rug nou vol sproete is, GROOT donder sproete, haar hele rug is vol, en dit is baie. (sy het nooit voorheen sproete gehad nie) En sy het donker hare nie blond of rooi nie. Gaan sy nou elke keer sproete kry as sy in die son was, en is daar iets wat dit sal weg vat?
Dankie vir jou tyd,
Groete Mom,

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Mom, thank you for the question.

Unfortunately, the appearance of freckles following sun exposure has more serious consequences than unsightly cosmetic marks on the skin. Freckles are an early warning that ongoing sun exposure will cause severe sun damage to the skin and most importantly predispose one to skin cancer. It is very important for your daughter to use a factor 30 SPF that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide and to apply it several times a day. A good habit to start would be to avoid the sun between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm. The use of a hat is another great way of preventing sun damage to the face and neck area.
These freckles may resolve or dissapear spontaneously, but if not one should keep an eye on them that no changes over the years take place, such as increase in size, change of colour, irregular borders, etc.

3
Posted by: Karien | 2016/01/06

HI ek wil net vra is da its om sproete we te vat dankie

Reply to Karien
Posted by: Karien | 2016/01/06

Reply to Karien
Posted by: jo zay sky | 2014/09/01

Hi doctor jo zay here I got freckels in my face what do I use to get it off

Reply to jo zay sky