Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2003/03/20

Sprained ankle

My husband sprained his ankle very badly. The swelling is down, but it still hurts alot. I need some advise on what to do now. His ankle does not look normal, maybe it is growing wrongly.

Nicky, it might be that he broke one of the bones of the ankle or that he tore of some of the ligaments. The best would be to have x-rays taken (including stress x-rays) and see what they say. If the say it’s broken he will probably have to get a cast and if it’s just torn ligaments he can try wearing an Aircast®. Good luck.