Question
Posted by: Jackie | 2006/10/30

Spotting while on Clomid?

I've been on Clomid now for 5 (going for 6) months. On week 3 I thought I had implantation bleeding (now not to sure). My period was late for 1 week, I started yesterday, but it's a funny colour, and not as usual. My breast has been tender even before the spot bleeding and I suffered BIG TIME with "PMS" (from the spotting-time till yesterday). We've been TTC for 5 yrs now, I had an etopic about 2 yrs ago, had a couple of laporoscopies, last one in Aug '06, due to PCOS.

Can anyone help me??

Dear Jackie

The symptoms all indicate the liklihood of ovulation having occured with a fairly significant progesterone response. However, there is no guarantee that the quality of the eggs produced are optimal for fertilisation and or pregnancy. I also would discourage the consecutive use of clomid over a long period as this will predispose to cyst formation and not necessarily enhance the chances of conception. It may be appropriate to change the ovulation induction protocol and should this fail, consideration should be given to proceeding with IVF.

2
Posted by: Zia | 2006/11/01

Jackie,

Try a home preggies test. Maybe u are preggies. Good luck!

Reply to Zia
Posted by: Punky | 2006/10/31

Hi Jackie

Have you heard a treatment called accupunture as I have heard that it works like magic. There's a Doc. in Roodepoort (JHB) who specializes in accupunture. He is in 34 Edward Street Tel no.766-3680 or 413-1496

Hope this helps
Punky

Reply to Punky