Question
Posted by: Mommy to T | 2004/02/11

Spotting on the Pil - Could I be pregnant?

Hi there, I'm a 27-yr old mom of a 10month old baby boy. I'm on the pil (Triphazel). My periods are only supposed to start next week. Last week I noticed the distinctive "egg white" symptom of ovulation. (I thought you don't ovulate, whilst on the pil) This morning I discovered spotting on my underwear. I have been using Slender C slimming tablets for the past 3 - 4weeks. Could that have been working against the pil, and does the spotting mean I'm pregnant?

Correct, you do not ovulate on the Pill. The discharge does not necessarily mean ovulation. Hormones in the Pill can cause it as well. The spotting means that you are having breakthrough bleeding, but does not indicate pregnancy. Slender C may well interfere with the Pill but, as it will not have been tested, its effect is unknown. I would suggest that you stop the Slender C and wait and see what happens. If the spotting recurs, you may have to change to a different pill.

1
Posted by: ciska | 2004/02/11

Spotting does happen on the pill. I'm also on Triphasil and it happend to me too when I started the pill. The doctor told me to continue with the pill and it should go away. If it doesn't, go see your doctor. About the Slender C, I really don't know if it has an affect on the pill. I know antibiotics cancel the pill out. That I'm sure of. I can't see how Slender C can effect the pill.

Reply to ciska