Posted by: DC | 2008/10/26

Spotting on active tablets

I have stage 4 endometriosis. I had a lap done in October last year followed this year by 3 unsuccessful IUI' s. I am currently taking a break and have been put onto Yasmin tablets to help stop my cycle (I am not taking the inactive tablets, only the active ones, with no break between boxes). I am on my second month of yasmin. I had spotting for 5 days round about the time my period would have been due, with the associated cramps, back pain and nausea. Is this normal ? Unfortunately my specialist is out of the country and I can only speak to him in 3 weeks time. Should I be concerned ?

It is normal, though ideally it would be better if you had no bleeding at all. This does not always happen on the Pill though.