Question
Posted by: Shelley | 2010/10/25

Spotting, no period but negative pregnancy test

I refer to post 1612...

(Have not been on contraceptives for a few years now, periods always regular, husband and I started trying for a baby last month, period was 4 days late, then experienced light, watery pink bleeding, then brown spotting. This lasted 3 days and now nothing at all)

I tried a home pregnancy test today and it was negative.

Is there any other reason my period went haywire? I am not under stress (except the stress of wondering if I am pregnant or not) I am still having period like cramping every now and then with no bleeding and sometimes sharp pains in abdomen on my left hand side. I also noticed that I am a bit sensitive down there - (almost thrush like symptoms - a little burning when I wipe but not when I wee but no itching really) Could it be PID?

I have never had a problem like this before... Should I be concerned and perhaps go to the doctor?

Thank you for your time!

Hallo Shelley
PID usually gives you a yellow smelly vaginal discharge, slight fever and pain with intercourse. You may have a urinary tract infection and if the symptoms persist it may be safer to let your doctor have a look and check your urine.

3
Posted by: Shelley | 2010/10/25

Sorry, should have been more specific

First test I did last week Monday (so it was on day 3 my period was late) I did in afternoon and was negative.

The test I did this morning (first morning wee) was also negative...

Reply to Shelley
Posted by: BMJ | 2010/10/25

Shelly did you do the test with your first morning urine and did you wait for the full development time? Sometime if it is very early in the pregancy the test takes longer to develop and only the morning urine (very first urine) is concentrated enough to show a positive result. Also even if the second line is very, very faint it is still positive.

Reply to BMJ
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/25

Hallo Shelley