Question
Posted by: E | 2004/01/06

Spotting for 4 weeks now...

Hi Doc,

I have been on the 2 month injection for almost 2 years now. With no problems. About 3 weeks ago I started spotting, which I know is normal as it does cause spotting, but somehow this time its different as I usually spot a week before my next shot. My next shot is this Saturday, and I have been spotting for the past 3 weeks now. It started out abit heavy, then after 2 weeks it started getting lighter which I thought it was going away, now yesturday this is the fourth week now I have started spotting again with slight cramps and quite abit of spotting. What is going on! Do you think there is something wrong internally? Should I just ask at the clinic on Saturday why this is happening?

Thanks so much.
E.

It may be that the lining of the womb has thinned out a lot from the injection. However, you should alwways have irregular bleeding investigated. You should have a pap smear and internal examintion.