Question
Posted by: Nix | 2007/12/19

Spotting but ovulating!

i am on day 16 of my cycle. Usually I have a 29 - 35 day cycle. Lately it's been more 29 - 31 days though. this morning when i went to the toilet i noticed some spotting. we are currently trying to concieve so i know that this is when i should be ovulating... What could this spotting mean??? I've also been quiet nauseous the last couple of days especially when i get into bed at night, I'm tierd and my breasts are a bit sore, but i put this down to ovulation!! what could this be?? my last period was normal, i think. only had a proper heavy bleed for one and a half days. but it was nothing that alerted me to possible pregnancy?

Dear Nix
Spotting is often due to dropping of the progesterone levels, and it can also be a sign of very early pregnancy (called an implantation bleed). Give it a week or 2 and if you are late with your next period, do a pregnancy test.
Spotting in itself is usually not harmful, athough inconvenient. Of course if the bleeding is heavy or often or happens while you are pregnant, it needs exploring by your doctor.

1
Posted by: Cleo | 2008/07/10

Is it possible to get get pregnant when you not ovulating /

Reply to Cleo