Question
Posted by: Clair | 2005/01/09

Spotting after intercourse

Hi there,

I had a baby in July 2004 (NVD) and then i had a Nova T IUD fitted in september 2004, i bled for quite a while after the IUD was fitted, i went back to the doctor after my first period, and it was all fine. I have noticed, that since the birth of my child, and the subsequent fitting of the IUD, the following has happened, my periods are 21 days apart instead of 18 as they were before, i bleed a lot less, and only for 2-3 days. Is this normal?

Secondly, since having the IUD fitted, i experience spotting for 3-4 days after intercourse, is this normal?

Thanks in advance
Clair

This all sounds normal. The spotting after intercourse may be related to a mild infection. You should have this checked. I presume you have had a recent pap smear.