Question
Posted by: Monalisa | 2008/11/12

Spotting

Hi All,

I' m breastfeeding my 25 month old son only at night, twice for the most.

For the past 3 months i have had regular period every 38 days.
02 July , 09 August and last one was on the 17 September 2008.The first week of October i started spotting.Thereafter i had spotting at least twice a week.

I tested for pregnancy on the 25th October as well as the 3rd of November and both came back negative.

What can this be.Is it normal for your period to stay away again after it being regular for 3 months.

Any advice?

The intermittent breasfeeding can have hormonal effects and cause this. 38 day periods are not normal anyway.