Posted by: LS | 2008/10/15

I' ve been on Melodene for 2 years now and no problems. I' ve had a colposcopy on 25 July and had no sex for 4 weeks thereafter. Then got married, went on honeymoon and was spotting a bit. Gynae said it can be normal to bleed a bit due to the operation. But now I started spotting again and its been carrying on four a week. Is it due to the operation or what? I didn' t skip a pill at all......

Yes, it may be from the cervical problem.

Posted by: a | 2008/10/17

Melodene is a very light dosage pill (I took it in my teens), so you might well need a higher dose of hormones to regulate things. I would recommend Femodene as the next step up from Melodene.

Reply to a
Posted by: JB | 2008/10/15

Not sure whether if could be due the operation, but I was on Melodene for about 2 years as well and then experienced spotting after a while. My doctor then prescribed Yasmine which has a higher dosage of some hormone and after that I had no more spotting.

Reply to JB