Question
Posted by: muffin | 2007/06/12

spotting

hi doc, I recently (2 months ago) went off the pill as my husband had a vasectomy (his sperm is clear). Last month I had some very red spotting halfway through my period, like proper bleeding, which went away, then a few days before my period started, brown discharge. I have read recently that one should never ignore spotting, so should I see my gynae or is this just things settling down after going off the pill? thanks

If you have had a normal papsmear within the last 1-2 years then I do believe that it is your body readjusting to your own nody's cycling hormone levels agin. If the leeding should recur or worse, it is certainly not a bad idea to consult your gyn.

1
Posted by: muffin | 2007/06/12

forgot to add, my last pap smear was April last year, all fine

Reply to muffin