Question
Posted by: Alex | 2004/10/21

Spotting

Hi there,
I have been on the 2 month injectable since March, and had some problems at the beginning with my period. (which everyone told me was normal). It sorted itself out after a while, but for the last month I have been spotting constantly. I still get a very light period every month, and I started spotting about a week after my last period and it hasn't gone away yet.

Could anyone tell me what could possibly be the cause of this?
Alex

It may be hormonal. Irregular bleeding is one of the side effects of the injectables. You should ensure that you are up to date with your pap smears though.

1
Posted by: El | 2004/10/21

Hi Alex

This is normal when one goes on the injection, it will eventually sort itself out after a year or so, probably your periods should stop altogether. So don't stress, if you are still unsure then when you go for your next injection ask the nurse or who ever gives it to you whats been happening. She will probably tell you the same thing.
El.

Reply to El