Question
Posted by: m | 2007/08/03

spot on and dog coughing

I have used a spot on/pour on which you buy from the supermarkets for my dog. A month ago I started and found my little dog of 3yrs started coughing like a kennel cough, so I got medication and it took a week and cleared up. this month I have done the spot thing again and the next dag she started coughing. It is a cough that sounds like there is something stuck in her throat and sounds terrible.
Could it be something in the pour on. because this is just a little funny that the same think has happened 2 months in a row?

The fact that it has happened twice and soon after applying the spot on means the spot on could well be the cause. Please send me all the package details - active ingredient, preservatives, carriers etc and I will investigate it further.

2
Posted by: m | 2007/08/03

Thanks Chill I agree with you. I will try something else.
Txs

Reply to m
Posted by: Chill | 2007/08/03

Those products are in frequent use so they're probably pretty safe... but that doesn't mean, of course, that your dog doesn't perhaps have a sensitivity to one or more of the ingredients.

Try a different product next time - and ask your vet for his/her opinion, too.

Reply to Chill