Question
Posted by: tash | 2004/10/18

Sports injury: The back of the Knee

i am a hockey player and at the beginning of the season i injured my knee. i went to a physiotherepist and was told that i had tenenitise in my knee. It has now been a couple of months since the hockey season ended and i am still experiancing problems. The pain i feel while walking is not hugrly painful, more uncomfortable, but it does increase when i start to run. Since the end of the hockey season i have not done any impact sports, i have been doing a lot of swimming in the hope that the injury would go away but it still persists. i am a little worried as it is having an impact on my performance.

The area where i experiance the discomfort is at the back of my knee, in the area where the calf entres the knee (ie: if sitting, from the bend in the knee down to the top half of the calf)

i would apprecitate any information or insight you could give me.
tash

Tash, it might be that you injured the knee cartilage or that you have a Baker’s cyst, but I can’t tell from this side of the screen without being able to examine you first. It has been going on for a long time, so the best would be to see an orthopaedic surgeon and have it sorted out. Good luck.