Posted by: tash | 2004/10/18

Sports injury: The back of the Knee

i am a hockey player and at the beginning of the season i injured my knee. i went to a physiotherepist and was told that i had tenenitise in my knee. It has now been a couple of months since the hockey season ended and i am still experiancing problems. The pain i feel while walking is not hugrly painful, more uncomfortable, but it does increase when i start to run. Since the end of the hockey season i have not done any impact sports, i have been doing a lot of swimming in the hope that the injury would go away but it still persists. i am a little worried as it is having an impact on my performance.

The area where i experiance the discomfort is at the back of my knee, in the area where the calf entres the knee (ie: if sitting, from the bend in the knee down to the top half of the calf)

i would apprecitate any information or insight you could give me.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Tash, it might be that you injured the knee cartilage or that you have a Baker’s cyst, but I can’t tell from this side of the screen without being able to examine you first. It has been going on for a long time, so the best would be to see an orthopaedic surgeon and have it sorted out. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.