Posted by: Bobo | 2008/09/17

sports injury

dear fitness doc

i have been fairly active at gym for hte last 2 years. i have recently been injured on my knee, its not a knee as such i suspect the muscles or tendons. i have been to a physiotherapist thrice without any improvement. can you kindly recommend the type of medical intervention that would resolve my problem. it has been four weeks now and its badly affecting my workouts. i can' t do super circuit any more, i cannot run any more. i' m so frustrated. kindly give me your advice as to which doctor do i need to see to sought out my problem. i' m staying in pretoria. so any doctor from either pretoria or JHB will be suitable for me,

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFitnessDoc

Hi Bobo

I think you need to see someone else. It's imposslbe for me to suggest anything that might help. Now, I don't have a directory of doctors with me, but if you see a GP, they would be able to recommended a sports specialist. So should your physio, for that matter, and so you perahps need to ask them to refer you onto a sports specialist for advice.

Good luck

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.