Question
Posted by: help | 2004/11/15

sport

Hi all readers. Please help me with this one. Do you think I am being selfish? My boyfriend has recently taken up cricket and he practices 2 x per week (which I have never complained about) and then plays a game on Saturday from about 12h00 to 18h00 and then stays for a drink with the boys for about an hour. I complained about it because it is Saturday night and we cant make plans because he only gets home at about 20h00. Am I being selfish in that I would like him to spend the whole weekend with me? It seems that he has chosen his cricket friends over me. What do you guys think?

No, you're not being selfish ; he is being thoughtless. Can't you make plans for Saturday night before Saturday ?

3
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/11/15

I do think you are being unreasonable. Couple's need space apart from each other too. And i think its great that his taken up sport instead of meeting his pals in the bar to get pissed every saturday and not coming home after an hour.

Let him be, and i suggest finding a hobby for yourself too.

Regards,

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Mona | 2004/11/15

If you cant beat them, join them!!!!

Reply to Mona
Posted by: Kernel | 2004/11/15

You are very fortunate that he stays after the game for 1 hour only. You will have reason to complain when it gets to 4 hours or longer.

Give him his space and find something else to do for yourself while he is enjoying his sport. He wil soon be too old for competitive sport and then you will have all the time together.

Reply to Kernel