Question
Posted by: Avon | 2007/06/01

spondylitis

I have been diagnosed as having spondylitis. I fell down 3 stories when i was 16 and am now 45. I also have had a hernia op and valve repaired and am not supposed to take anti inflammatories and pain killers. What do i do, as the pain and stiffness becomes unbearable? My G.P. is complaining that i take a combination of tablets for inflammation,pain and the relentless spasms but without it, i eventually end up with a severe headache, due to the spasms. Taking these medications does not help my GERD. Please help with advice. Thanks

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Avon,

I would advise that you seek some treatment from a local Osteopath or physiotherapist. They should be able to alleviate your symptoms, thereby eliminating the problems regarding the medications you ahve mentioned. If you need information as to where to find your most local Osteopath, please contact me and tell where you are based and I will pass on the necessary information.

Best wishes,

Dr. Gary Riley